From: "Georges.Michelson-Dupont" <Georges.Michelson-Dupont@wanadoo.fr>
To: <jfarr@EONI.com>
Subject: UF/Fellowship meeting
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 11:05:35 +0100

Dear Janet:

Richard has asked me to respond to your letter of February 24, 2000. I assure you, the decision to assign this matter to a committee does not in any way reflect a lack of commitment on the part of the Urantia Foundation to the process of good faith communications with the Fellowship. As I have preciously explained, the Foundation has appointed a committee to represent it in negotiations with the Fellowship regarding copyright and trademark issues.  I am the chairman of that committee.  Please direct all communications regarding copyright and trademark issues to me.  We would like to go forward with a face-to-face meeting. I normally travel to the United States once a month.  As you may know, the Urantia Foundation has scheduled a number of activities in March as part of its 50th Anniversary Celebration.  At this time, it may not be feasible to hope for a meeting that weekend.  We would like, however, to meet as soon as possible, and, if that weekend works particularly well for you, we shall try to accommodate you.  We could meet on Sunday afternoon, March 19.  If that does not work, we could meet on April 9-10. Please let me know when you would like to meet. If you want to try to get together this month, please let me know as soon as possible.

In my prior letters, I have listed the infringements on the Fellowship's Web site.  Your letter to Richard indicates that you regard this as an attempt on my part to change the parameters of standing agreements between the two organizations.  The infringements listed in my letters reflect the position of the Urantia Foundation, not my personal opinions.  The agreements between the two organizations should be discussed and clarified in our meeting.  In the meantime, we felt it was important to provide you with a formal statement of our objection to these infringements.  We are most willing to listen to your views, and, to the extent possible--consistent with the obligations of the Urantia Foundation under its Declaration of Trust--we look forward to exploring ways to resolve these problems informally and in a way that will promote good will and good relations with the Fellowship.

We have many serious issues to discuss. If you would like to try to meet this month or next, please let me know by March 7.  If we are going to pursue informal resolution of these matters, we need to move ahead.

Sincerely,

Georges Michelson-Dupont
Vice-President URANTIA Foundation

Do you want more light in your life?
M.E.Dupont lighting fixtures company can help you. For more information send e.mail to:
Georges.Michelson-Dupont@wanadoo.fr