Make Y! your home page
Yahoo! Search
Mail Plus| Addresses Address Book shortcuts| Calendar Calendar shortcuts| Notepad Notepad shortcuts Mail Upgrades - Options

Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

To: sysop@urantia-book.org
Subject: Fellowship's IC'08 Venue Confirmed
From: "The Urantia Book Fellowship" <sysop@urantia-book.org>  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:20:17 +0200 (SAST)

 Fellowship Update: Please wait for images to load         March 2006

The approximately monthly e-newsletter from urantia-book.org                                  Vol 1      No 3

IN THIS ISSUE

Buck and Arlene in Africa News from Pakistan Work in Central America Costa Rica Conference News from India Do you have a study group? Summer Conference Update More about the Pipeline of Light

THE Urantia BOOK FELLOWSHIP
PO Box 4583, Grand Central Station
New York, NY 10163

Urantia Books to Africa

The Weimer's 16-day outreach tour of Africa began this week with their departure for Lusaka , Zambia , on February 23.  Their visit to Zambia has been coordinated by Chita Nonde and Namukale Kaliwanda.  The tour will begin with a reader conference at the Savoy Hotel in Ndola .  Their work in Zambia will include presentations at a Mennonite Mission and Seminary, a presentation for the Ndola Ecumenical Foundation, a program for children between third and sixth grades at a community school in Ndola , and a number of public presentations at public libraries in Ndola , Livingston , and other cities.

From Zambia they will travel to South Africa , meeting with readers in Johannesburg and Capetown.  In Capetown they will be meeting with the Archbishop of the Anglican Church who is an avid reader and will be hosting a gathering of local readers.

Buck writes on February 28:

"Everywhere we go in Zambia , we see these very large footprints that say: NORMAN INGRAM WAS HERE!  We couldn't have done this without Norman 's groundwork.  After 3 extremely full days (Urantia Book outreach, Children's' school, and AIDS hospice) we leave very early in the morning for Livingstone. We literally fall into bed at night completely spent."

Buck and Arlene are in contact via email.  If you wish to contact them they can be reached at weimer1@hotmail.com.

Zambia and adjacent countries

A Note from Nigeria

Sometimes a great deal of information can be inferred from a simple message such as the following, received this week from a recipient of a Pipeline book:

"I write to express my sincere gratitude for the copy of The Urantia Book that you sent to me. It finally arrived last month (January). Thanks and God bless you and those you work with."

Port Harcourt , Nigeria

News from Pakistan

Pakistani readers continue to help with earthquake relief efforts.  Here Nadia works on removing snow from a tent in a mountain village where she has a study group.

Nadia, the young woman from Islamabad who is our liason with readers in Pakistan writes:

"I just returned from my village tour where I presented some new lessons. On February 8th I received the copies of The Urantia Book that you sent. I also received the three Paramonies which were sent by Paula. I send my thanks to all of you.

"We are having lots of problems in my country because of the many protests and rallies every day against blasphemous cartoons. It is very difficult here for Christians. Muslim fundamentalists are burning Christian churches -- they burn Christian people's houses, schools, colleges, cars, and rape the women.

"They have damaged many Christian villages by their burning. It is dangerous for us. Three weeks ago I stopped my weekly Urantia Book study group. We all are very upset by this but we cannot risk having study groups at anyone's home. Everyone is scared but everyday I have our family study group in our home.

"The place where I am living is a place surrounded by Muslim community. They talk a lot of rubbish about what we are doing at our study group every week. So we should be careful and stop doing this in our area. We are planning to rent a safe place which is surrounded by Christian community.

"We all have a request that we all really want to have Urantia Book in our language. Then it will be very easy to spread the UB in my country. It is my high request to do something for the Translation. Lots of friends, to whom I am introducing this fifth epocal revelation of truth are requesting UB with "Urdu Translation."

"We are still busy with the earthquake relief work and I am really thankful to my Urantia Book reader friends in the US who really helped and co-operated with our country fellows."

Ken Raveill's study group in Independence Missouri serves as a liason with the readers in Pakistan. If you would like more information or would like to contribute directly to the work in Pakistan, contact Ken Raveill at kkraveill@cs.com. North American Urantia Book readers have contributed more than $7,000 for earthquake relief efforts undertaken by the Islamabad readers.

Work in Central America

Agustin Arellano reports the following study groups are currently active in Central America :

In Guatemala

Grupo Andon, Zona 1, Guatemala City

Grupo Fonta, zona 7, Guatemala City

Grupo Onagar, Zona 1, Guatemala City

Grupo Onamonalontón, Salamá

In Belice

Grupo Orlandof, Ciudad de Belice

In El Salvador
Grupo Uversa, Barrio San JacintoGrupo Malavatia
Grupo Norlatiadec
Grupo Salvington

In Honduras
Grupo Maquiventa, Tegucigalpa
Grupo Mantutia, El Paraíso
Grupo Manovandet, Copán
Grupo Splandón, San Pedro Sula

In Nicaragua
Grupo Nebadón, Managua
Grupo Ensa

In Costa Rica
Grupo Jerusem, Cartago

In  Nicaragua
Grupo Nebadón, Managua
Grupo Ensa

In Costa Rica
Grupo Jerusem, Cartago
Grupo Micaeilu, Santa Ana, San José
Grupo Susatia
Grupo Univitatia
Grupo Salvington
Grupo Norlatiadek, Bello Horizonte, Escazú
Grupo Melquisedec, Puntarenas
Grupo Fandor, Cartago
Grupo Triunidad, Puntarenas

In Panamá
Grupo Porshunda, Capira

Agustin went to Central America for the first time to visit study groups in 1992.  He then returned every year through 2006. So the above represents the fruits of 14 years of work and follow up.  Bear in mind that this is only Central America .  Agustin has also been active during this period of time with the formation and fostering of study groups throughout Mexico and in many Latin American Countries. A group of readers from one of his groups in Mexico has made several missionary trips to Cuba where there are number of  active study groups which they continue to foster.

Costa Rica Conference

Dr. Raphael Arias Rojas writes that the January 21 conference held in San Jose, Costa Rica, was a great success with attendees very involved in the various study sessions.  Topics for study were "An Exploration of the Urantian Paradigm of Spirituality" by David Kantor and additional topics prepared by local readers -- "The Morontia Life," "The Post-bestowal Age on Urantia," "The Angels," and "Love, Beauty, and Goodness."

A conference study session

The youngest Urantian in Costa Rica?

 News from India

Dr. Rajan Chauhan and his wife Ivy are long-time readers of the book as well as leaders of the readership in Jabalpur , India .  He writes;

"Please pray for me.  I have become well-known enough as a teacher of a spiritual path that some notorious people do antipropaganda against me. It is very difficult here.  We have added a room onto our house for Urantia meetings to accomodate the 25 to 30 people who attend regularly.  I am writing a book on Christian Spiritual Psychotherapies which are used inside and outside of India .  Please pray for my success in this writing.  It would be wonderful if you could send us five copies of The Urantia Book by registered post for use in our teaching.  Also, if you can, please send used clothing which we could distribute in our village."

This week we will be sending them some books from the Pipeline of Light project.  Clothing is being sent as a private reader project.

Do you have a Study Group?

Are you listed in our online database?  If so, please check our online database to be sure your information is up-to-date.  If your group is not listed, why not include it?  To do so, contact Bobbie Dreier .

Are you looking for a study group in your area?  Check the online directory.

Why not start a new study group?  Here are some links to useful articles about running study groups.

Ideas and Suggestions for Study Groups
A publication of The Urantia Book Fellowship

Managing Successful Urantia Book Study Groups and Conference Sessions
David Kantor

Running Successful Study Groups
Practical tips from the original Area Coordinator's Manual

Organizing Successful Urantia Book Study Groups
Linda and Bob Buselli

Michelle Klimesh, manager of
the Pipeline project

More About the
Pipeline of Light

The Pipeline of Light is a project to send Urantia Books to countries where they are hard to get or unaffordable for the average person.  Michelle Klimesh, who is coordinating this effort, has set a goal of $10,000 for 2006. To read Michelle's story of how she became involved, and what the Pipeline has accomplished to date, click on http://squarecircles.com/articles/pipelineoflight/pipelineoflight.htm

Are all of these books being read? We don't know, but it is helping to establish a network of readers. Urantia Books sent anywhere in the world can be considered as seeds planted for the future. We are making it easier for the angels to steer those who are ready to the books if they are available in remote areas. Any time a book is freed up from a warehouse and let loose into the world, it has the potential for reaching someone.

If you would like to pitch in, there are several options, all tax-deductible: Visa, Paypal, or check. To make a contribution online using your credit or debit card, go to http://urantia-book.org/support.htm or for other contribution options visit http://squarecircles.com/articles/pipelineoflight/pipelineoflight.htm

Click here to contact Michelle directly.

Thanks to those who have contributed!   Every contribution -- no matter how small -- helps to spread the revelation in our troubled world and moves the planet that much closer to light and life.

Summer Conference Update

The Fellowship summer 2006 meeting will take place from July 5th through July 9th.  The Triennial Delegate Assembly (TDA) will convene Wednesday evening, July 5th, and continue through the end of the day on Thursday, July 6th.  The Executive Committee will convene its meeting after the TDA on Thursday evening and will continue on Friday morning if necessary.

The Summer Study Session will begin on Friday morning, July 7th, and end on Sunday, July 9th at noon.  The General Council will convene its meeting after lunch on Sunday, July 9th and continue through Monday the 10th.  A brief meeting of the Executive Committee will follow the conclusion of the Council meeting on Monday evening.

Our Summer Study Seminar will be held at the Dominican University in River Forest , Illinois , a suburb of Chicago .  More information on the university may be found at http://www.dom.edu/

All of these projects are sponsored by reader contributions.  Are you excited about this work being done to spread the revelation?  This is happening only because readers contribute money to support these efforts.  Can you help?  Make a donation online at http://urantia-book.org/support.htm.  The spread of the revelation depends on you!

Visit the Fellowship website at http://urantia-book.org

voice: 1-877-288-3772
http://stats.chennells.com/home/r.asp Subscribe to this newsletter Forward this newsletter to a friend Unsubscribe from this newsletter
This network may only be used for sending permission based email.
If you did not request to receive this message, please notify us.

This email was sent to sysop@urantia-book.org by sysop@urantia-book.org | Read our Privacy Policy.
The Urantia Book Fellowship - PO Box 4583, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163, United States
Move Options
Forward Options
Reply Options
Address Book Shortcuts
Calendar Shortcuts
Notepad Shortcuts

Copyright © 1994-2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines - Ad Feedback
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy